All things bloggy are eye-opening to me. I knew absolutely nothing about blogs, blogging, social media (except Facebook, of course), or online networking before I started my blog in June. I was quickly overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised!
It didn’t take long until I began to read about blogging conferences and workshops. There are so many and they range from small group monthly get-togethers with local bloggers to nationwide conferences with tons of media attention. From what I have gathered it seems as though the BlogHer Conference is the biggest of them all.
BlogHer 2010 is going on right now, August 6-August 7 in New York City. It sounds like an amazing experience with networking, friend making&meeting;, and learning galore!
Reasons why I would love to be at BlogHer 2010:
1. It’s in New York City….plain and simple.
2. Attending sessions about blogging to learn, learn & learn would be awesome.
3. The opportunity to meet face to face some of the women behind the blogs I already love.
Reasons why I’m OK not going to BlogHer 2010:
1. I am certain I would be totally overwhelmed with information – too much too soon!
2. I would have to find a Sugar Daddy to fund the trip.
3. And truth be told, I would probably feel left out since I’m a new blog and am not known by many.
So, to all those who are attending BlogHer 2010, have a marvelous time!
And to those of us staying home, CHEERS! I’ll be drinking later tonight after my kids are in bed.